Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Discovery Kids Play Tent

My daughter, Keeley, received this tent as a gift from Grandma and Grandpa for Christmas.  She's had a little over a month to use it, play in it, and get used to the tunnel.  She loves crawling in and out of it and playing peek-a-boo with me on a daily basis.

The tent itself is VERY easy to set up, just sick a few poles together and thread them through the correct tubes on the tent to form an 'X' shape on top.  The set up allows for her to be pretty rough with it without the tent coming apart.  When I say "rough" I mean she steps on the sides, misses the lip on the bottom of the tent and thus drags it around the room.

She loves the tunnel, she'll crawl through it, turn around, and craw back through it over and over again.  So far the tunnel has held up to her rambunctious playing.

The tent is a great, inexpensive toy for a little one, but don't have high hopes regarding quality.  While the tent stays together through rough play, the material is not rip-stop nylon.  We've already had one of the tubes that the tent poles thread through rip.  The tent is still useable, but it's not in 'like-new' condition any longer, and that's only after a month of use.  Alas, the tent retails for less than $30, so it won't break the bank, and WILL provide hours of enjoyment.

Overall:  3 out of 5 rating

2 comments:

  1. my mom found this same tent on discount at like big lots or something last year. jo LOVED(S) it!!!! we keep it outside. she would set it up on our front porch. she doesnt have the tunnel it was same company but it had the plastic balls instead of the tunnel but has a "door" for where the tunnel could be connected. mom even got in with her and they napped together lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never a fan of the tunnels or the balls...as they just seemed to drive me crazy...because the kids were too little to do it themselves. I'm all about self-sufficient kids! I don't care that they're only 2...they should know how to knit by then! Ha ha...just kidding. I'm saw that you are a 29 year old stay at home mom...I don't stay home anymore (it's good for ALL of us!), but I just wanted to share with you that I just turned 29...for the fourth time...I think you should just stay 29...you might like this...
    http://littlebishopchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/02/one-of-my-favorite-days-of-year.html

    ReplyDelete